Friday, November 12, 2010

Some Grace, on the cheap

This summer I had had enough of my dark dinnerware. At one time I thought they were great but one day I looked at them and thought Blech! I looked online for some shabby chic-style pates, in antique white, with a distressed look. Even at one of my favorite stores with a bullseye logo a set was over 70 bucks. I know for dishes that's not too bad, but with 4 kids my stuff gets beat up; I was not investing much.
Wandering (at top speed) through Wal-Mart one day I came upon these adorable dishes. These are from Better Homes & Gardens. A set of 16 pieces was 30 something dollars, and the pieces are also available individually, anticipating my broken cereal bowls and dropped mugs. The set included 4 dinner plates, 4 mugs, 4 bowls and 4 salad plates. I got 2 sets. They have actually turned out to be very sturdy little buggers, as well as great in the microwave (they don't get too hot) and they just look so darn cute! Thanks Wally World!

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness I was just looking at the same set online today and wondered if I should purchase them. I need something pretty enough to serve Thanksgiving on since my China is nowhere near completed and something cheap enough to replace since I too have kids that break things alot! Thanks for letting me see what they look like in "real life" , you can never tell from the website photos...

    ReplyDelete