Saturday, March 19, 2011

My Favorite Diapers

Well, I am one of those "full-spectrum" moms... my oldest child's voice is changing and he will be a "teen" in one month, and my youngest child is still in diapers. And in-between are 2 pre-teens. Pray for me.
Anyway, since my oldest was born, diapers have come a long way. I never considered anything but disposable diapers back in 1998, even though I was riddled with guilt about the amount of diapers I was heaving into our local landfill. At one point I had THREE children in diapers. I couldn't begin to do the math.
So when I became pregnant with my fourth I really researched other options to the name brand disposables. They have all sorts of groovy new cloth diaper alternatives. Which I thought would be great if I was having my first child, not my fourth. Because I already have about 27 loads of laundry a week (you think I'm kidding...) and adding poopy diapers or diaper liners to that wasn't happening.
And then I found Nature Babycare biodegradable all natural DISPOSABLE diapers. They are made from corn products and have no chemicals, chlorine, plastic... all the nasty stuff that makes regular diapers so bad for the environment, and I daresay our sweet babies. Check out the deets here.
They are available online only through http://www.target.com/ and http://www.diapers.com/. And I am here to say they are AWESOME! Totally absorbent, comfy, no leaks. I am not kidding. The only leaks my guy has ever had have been while wearing the other brands of disposables. They are also the same cost as Huggies or Pampers. That is because they don't advertise, it's all word of mouth. They are from Sweden, designed by a mom who obviously felt the same way about regular disposables but actually went out and did something about it. I should say this is just me, I don't get any kind of compensation for this!

No comments:

Post a Comment