Monday, December 13, 2010

It's the Simple Things

Sometimes Christmas and the holidays can seem like the world's biggest excuse for excess, especially when it comes to decorating the house. My old method of getting the house ready for the holidays was to get everything I owned that was Christmas related and put it out, somewhere, anywhere! It was for many years an ill-conceived holiday mash-up.

88 cents worth of candycanes


euww I think i need to repaint the door to the garage

everything here is there year round, except for the snowy candle and the candycanes.
These days I take a much simpler approach (except on my two mantles where I have fun doing vingettes... but with a lot more care than in years past). I have really learned this year that it's sometimes the easiest, cheapest and simplest little decoration that is the real winner...
again i apologize for the crummy photos. I am hoping if I make the house extra-inviting I might get a good Canon Rebel digital SLR for Christmas...

No comments:

Post a Comment