Monday, December 20, 2010

Book Page Paper Chain


another totally crap photo courtesy of my cellphone

Wait, what are these things called anyway? Paper garland? Paper ring garland? paper chain? I don't know, it's been a few years since I had a kid in pre school. All I know is that this is one project you can have the kids help you with (although I didn't... I am too anal for my own good sometimes), and it's cheap. Dare I say for the cost of scotch tape you could have your very own Book Page Paper Ring Garland Chain all over your whole house. But as I said in a previous post, I am trying to keep it simple.
Seeing that as long as you have been to kindergarten you will know how to make these, the only "tutorial" I will include is the fact that I folded my book pages 3 at a time in quarters lengthwise and cut strips. And pick a book with long enough pages. A fat little paperback might yield strips that are too short.



As an amusing aside... the book I tore up to make this was an old water-damaged hardcopy of Madame Bovary. Adding a little "spice" to the holidays!


No comments:

Post a Comment